Saturday, June 7, 2014

Princess Tea party with Pirates!

 My youngest daughter wanted a Princess Tea party for Her 4th Birthday. A lot of her Friends were boys so I decided to incorporate Pirates too. 
 I made the cake.  Cakes have become a fun hobby of mine. I love being creative with them, although my cakes come out a little messy looking my kids don't seem to notice!
The tea table: I used my teapot and saucers but used disposable tea cups for the kids, They were all between the ages of 1-5 so a little to young to be using glass tea cups. Instead of tea I made pink lemonade. I took heart shaped princess plates and a toliet paper roll, painted pink. I glued the TP roll in between the 2 paper plates to make a 2 tier tea tray. On it I put turkey and cheese mini sandwiches cut into heart and star shapes. Also homemade butter cookies. I bought disposable table clothes and wraped them around the chairs and tied them with ribbon. I also got a great deal at a yard sale on the wall paper stuff. I still have so much of it and use it at almost every birthday party I throw.
 For games I made a pin the jewel on the crown and x on the pirate map. I also made Swords out of black poster board and bought wands for the girls. Some of these are in the picture below. We did nail polish and jewelry for the princesses and pirate hats and eye patches for the pirates. Kids had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment