Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pinkalicious

Madilynn's 6th Birthday was inspired by her Favorite book at the time, and the Pinkest story ever! If you have never read the story or PINKALICIOUS to your daughter you absolutely MUST!! If you have read it this was a super fun and girly party
For invitations I made them on my computer by using graphics found on google images. on them I told everyone to wear pink to the party. Decorations: I made this Pinkalicious peek a boo sign. I was lucky enough to have a tall box and cut out a long side of it. I made a transparent print out of the book cover with my printer. Then I used my church's overhead projector to trace it onto the cardboard which I had already painted pink. I traced everything but the face and just cut that part out! The kids loved this part! Everyone got a turn to be pinkalicious!
We played hot cupcake(hot potato). I don't like kids to cry at parties so when someone was out the got their crown and wand. I bought the paper crowns at party city. I made the wands out of dowel rods, yellow posterboard, light pink and dark pink streamers, hot glue gun and glitter.  I do not have a picture of it but I'll tell how I made them. I cut big stars out of the yellow posterboard. Then I used a gluestick to put the glitter on the star. I cut strips of both pink streamers. I put a big dallop of hot glue on the back of the star, put the dowel rode in the middle of it then stuck on 2 light pink 2 dark pink streamer strips. It looked just like pinkalicious's wand. 
Then we went to the table and read the story of Pinkalicious. In the story there is a part where Pinkalicious has to eat all green foods so after the story we ate green food on green plates. Grapes, pickles, lettuce and kiwi's.


Then we decorated cupcakes just like in the book. Everyone got a pink cupcake. I made 6 frosting bags with dark pink and light pink frosting. We also had pink sprinkles and cherries.

I bought a cupcake cake pan but I didn't have much luck with it. It fell apart twice :0( so we ended up with just the top of the cupcake but it was fine since everyone had thier own cupcakes anyway.




We also played a pin the cherry on the cupcake game. I painted the cupcake and cut out red construction paper cherries for the kids to put on! This was a fun and inexpensive party at about $50 dollars but again alot of crafting and prep time!


No comments:

Post a Comment