Friday, October 7, 2011

Playdoh Party

Maddie's 3rd birthday was my first "Friend invited" birthday party! She loved Play-doh so it seemed the perfect party.$100. This was one of my more expensive parties... For invitations I collected old play-doh containers printed off the info on paper and put them in the containers to hand out.

We started the party off by making name tags  I made to look like playdoh jars by cutting yellow construction paper to look like a playdoh containers. I printed the playdoh logo off  by googling "playdoh logo"under images. There are alot to choose from. Then I cut different color papers to look like lids and used ribbon to tie them around the kids necks.

Then we had a playdoh scavenger hunt. I told the kids that the play-doh helicopter had flown by and dropped playdoh all over the yard and sent them to find them. I had bought a big box of like 50 fun size play-doh containers. After the kids found them all they came back to the table and they each got a playdoh fun mat and I pulled out a bunch of play-doh tools and they just played with it for a while. When they were done we had a pinata that I made to look like a playdoh container.

I used a KFC bucket but anything similar could work. I blew up a balloon and stuck it inside the bucket. I used paper mache which is flour and water mixed together to make a watery paste. Dip strips of newspaper in the paste and wrapped the bucket and balloon. Then while still kinda wet wrap with yellow streamers so that it looks completely yellow. Let dry for 1-2 days. Then use red(or any color) and glue around the top to create the lid. when completely dry cut a door in the bottom of the pinata. Cut another in the top. On the bottom door cut a small hole out and tie a ribbon/string through it so that when pulled down the door opens. Then tape more ribbons (one for each kid at the party) around the door all over the bottom. Close door and fill top door with candy/toys. last tie long string or ribbon through the sides of the top to get it to hang from a ceiling or wherever you need it to hang. When it is time to play have the kids line up the go up to the pinata and pick a string and pull. Repeat until the string tied to the door is pulled and the candy comes out. Make
sure you have goody bags for the kids to collect the goodys with.

After the Pinata we had pizza and cupcakes On brightly colored plates. In the goody bags I put the playdoh they found on the hunt and playdoh shape cutters. It was a great party and the start of many many wonderful Ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment